'Oh, so that's who Richard Morris is..." Lord Hattersley on The Daily Politics

'An influential activist' - The Guardian

'Iain Dale, without the self loathing' - Matthew Fox in The New Statesman

'
You are a tinker...' - Tim Farron

Saturday 16 July 2011

Venting your spleen doesn't always make you feel better

Today I bring you a doleful blog post.

As you may have noticed, I've had one or two things to say in recent days about News International, Rebekah Brooks, the Murdochs et al. And I meant all of it. And I've had some very complimentary feedback too.

But sadly, I've realised today that I have upset a friend whose partner works at News International.

They have been very nice. They've not complained, argued, tried to change my mind. They've just slipped off for a bit. But I'm sad about it none the less.

I guess it's a reminder that many good people, journalists and others, work at NI, most of whom have done nothing wrong - yet are suffering greatly for the ills of a few bad apples.

I love writing my blog and saying what I think. But I've just realised that the price of free speech is a little higher than I thought previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment