'Oh, so that's who Richard Morris is..." Lord Hattersley on The Daily Politics

'An influential activist' - The Guardian

'Iain Dale, without the self loathing' - Matthew Fox in The New Statesman

'
You are a tinker...' - Tim Farron

Tuesday 26 February 2013

That Sarah Palin thing has got a life of its own...

A few weeks ago I sent a tweet around about the Tory Eastleigh candidate - and it got a very funny response...


Hats off Bill

Anyway, I referenced it in this piece I wrote for the New Statesman - which they picked out for the headline.... 

But in fact, the evidence is that the latest brand of Tory MPs have more in common with Maria Hutchings, "the Sarah Palin of the south coast" as one person referred to her the other day, than they do with the leader of the Tory party.

(on reflection I wish I'd mentioned Bill by name but I was in a rush and didn't trawl my twitter feed - I hope this piece is some recompense for that)




And then something extraordinary happened...











It's even made it abroad...






All in all rather wonderful. So its only fair that Bill gets the last word




UPDATE

Now its made it to PMQs...



and again now in Andrew Sparrow's Guardian liveblog...




No comments:

Post a Comment